quarta-feira, 8 de janeiro de 2014

to give a holler

Video 358.



Hello everybody! Welcome back to E3 (E-cubed). Today we have a nice phrase: to give a holler. Give me a holler. Give John a holler. Give a holler! What does this mean? Well, normally holler means to yell at somebody. My dad hollered at me. Shane, bla bla bla bla. That’s the idea. Holler. But in daily life, for example, at a store, the person who works there might tell you to give them a holler. So, you walked to the store: “Hi, Sir. Can I help you?” “No, thanks, I’m just looking.” “Give me a holler if you need anything.” “Give me a holler if you need anything.” This means “Call me.” “Ask me if you need some help.” Give a holler to, give me a holler, give john a holler means call john, call me, ask me, especially when you need help. Give me a holler if you have a question in English, if you want to learn some new expression, give me a holler. Let’s check out the dialogue:
                                                                                                                                                                                            
I heard you’re moving next week.                  
Yes, I’m excited.
Well, give me a holler if you need any help.
Thanks, Country Shane. I will.

This is Mário, from Brazil. I dictated the first part of the video as well the dialogue. Now it’s your turn. Listen to the Coach Shane’s explanations and transcribe the second part. Coach Shane’s videos are the best way to learn English. I like to watch the e-cubed videos but he has other channels in YouTube. Do a search. If you understand Portuguese, translate it. It is an excellent exercise.

TRADUÇÃO LIVRE PARA O PORTUGUÊS

Dar um grito, (informal: me grita, me chama)

Olá pessoal! Bem-vindo de volta ao E3 (e-cubo). Hoje temos uma bela frase: dar um grito. Me grita. Chama o John. Me chama! O que isso significa? Bem, normalmente holler significa gritar com alguém. Meu pai gritou comigo. Shane, bla bla bla bla. Essa é a ideia. Gritar. Mas, no dia a dia, por exemplo, em uma loja, a pessoa que trabalha lá pode falar para você dar um grito. Então, você vai até a loja: "Olá, senhor. Posso ajudá-lo?" "Não, obrigado, eu só estou olhando." "Me chame se precisar de algo." "Me grita se precisar de algo." Isso significa "me chamar." "Pergunte se você precisar de alguma ajuda." Me chama, me dá um grito, dar um grito pro John significa chamar John, me chamar, me perguntar, especialmente quando você precisa de ajuda. Me chama se você tiver uma pergunta em Inglês, se você quiser aprender uma nova expressão, me dá um grito. Vamos ver o diálogo:

Ouvi dizer que você está se mudando na próxima semana.
Sim, eu estou animado.
Bem, me chama se precisar de alguma ajuda.
Obrigado, Country Shane. Eu chamo.


Aqui é o Mário, do Brasil. I fiz a transcrição da primeira parte do vídeo, bem como o diálogo. Agora é a sua vez. Ouça as explicações do Professor Shane e transcreva a segunda parte. Os vídeos do Shane são a melhor maneira de aprender Inglês. Eu gosto de assistir os e-cubed vídeos, mas ele tem outros canais no YouTube. Faça uma pesquisa. Se você entender Português, faça a tradução. É um excelente exercício.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário